I this “how to” i’m going to show you how easy it is to get the longitude and latitude from google maps for you address data. You can use this data for your PowerBi dashboards for example.
Before you can start you need to install the tGoogleMapLookup component. You can find this component at the Talend Exchange website. Just create an account, search for tGoogleMapLookup and follow this “how to” to use it in your studio. The compoment should be available in your palette after restarting your studio.
1. Create a new job
- Name your new job “googleMaps”
2. Add the tGoogleMapLookup
- You only have to add this component, no configuration is needed
3. Add the tFixedFlowInput
- You can place this compoment left to the tGoogleMapLookup component
- Connect the tFixedFlowInput component to the tGoogleMapLookup component (Row – Main)
- You will get the following message:
- Click yes
- Your schema will look like this:
- Add address “Amsterdam” for example
4. Add the tLogRow component
- Place this component at the right side of you tGoogleMapLookup component
- Connect the tGoogleMapLookup (Row – Main)
5. Run your job
- Your result will look like this:
- Your job should look like this:
After saving your job you will see the warning signal, this is because of the schema but you can ignore this.
It’s a small bug but it doesn’t prevent the job of doing what it supposed to do.